The word “heaven” can be used in various ways in the Bible. For this brief article, we’ll be discussing the abode of God, the place where God the Father dwells (Matthew 6:9; 7:21; 10:32) and where God the Son is seated at His right hand (Hebrews 1:13). It’s important to know what heaven is like because Philippians 3:20 states that the believer’s citizenship is in heaven. The following points about heaven were shared in a message given on Sunday, January 8, 2023. The message is included on our website if you desire further information on this significant topic.
What will heaven be like?
- Heaven will be a place of the most intimate fellowship with God and others that you have ever experienced! (Revelation 21:3; 1 Corinthians 13:12).
- Heaven will be a place of God filling to the full our God-shaped vacuum! (Revelation 21:4-5).
- Heaven will be a place of constant renewal and refreshing as the promises of God are fully realized! (Revelation 21:6-7).
- Heaven will be a place of incredible beauty that magnifies the glory and holiness of our God! (Revelation 21:10-13).
- Heaven will be a place of illuminating worship as the nations explore our God forever! (Revelation 21:22-27).
What Will We Be Doing There?
- We will be worshipping God forever! (Isaiah 6; Revelation 4-5).
- We will have intimate fellowship with God & one another! (Revelation 21:22-27).
- We will enthusiastically serve God! (Revelation 22:1-5).
- We will be given meaningful and fulfilling work to do! (Revelation 22:3).
- We will rest as never before in the Lord! (Hebrews 4).
- We will rule & reign with Christ forever! (Revelation 7:1-17; 22:5).
Will Heaven Be Boring?
No, on the contrary, heaven will be the most exciting, fulfilling, satisfying, joyful place you will ever experience. The main reason is because God the Father, Jesus, and the Holy Spirit, the three members of the Godhead, will be there. We’ll have an eternity to explore God in His love, majesty, holiness, compassion, mercy, grace, and so forth. There will never be a dull moment in heaven because we will be exposed to the beauty of our God and all that He is!
Who Can Go There?
The Bible is clear. It is those who have personally placed their faith in Jesus Christ for salvation. They have trusted in the fact that Jesus Christ paid the penalty for their sins by His death upon the cross (1 Corinthians 15:3-5; Ephesians 2:8-9). Have you done so? If you’d like more information about this important step of faith, please call or text at (703) 999-3373 or email at firstname.lastname@example.org.